Iced Brownies Recipe
Brownies are a favorite for summer picnics, and these are the best! I received this recipe from a dear friend many years ago, and I still make it at least once a month. Whenever I'm asked to bring a dessert to an outing, or if I want to send a treat to a neighbor or friend, I always prepare these wonderful brownies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk or half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add syrup. Gradually add flour and mix well. Fold in the nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly.
- 3. Meanwhile, for icing, combine the sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until chips are melted. (Mixture will be thin.) Immediately pour over brownies. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 353 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Iced Brownies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC