Iced Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk or half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add syrup. Gradually add flour and mix well. Fold in the nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly.
- 3. Meanwhile, for icing, combine the sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until chips are melted. (Mixture will be thin.) Immediately pour over brownies. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 353 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Iced Brownies
"Made these for our Super Bowl party. The brownies turned out great but I had trouble with the icing. Mine turned out very thick and grainy like the sugar didn't dissolve properly. We still ate them & I may try the recipe again as I think they have potential. Not sure what happened."
"My 9 and 7 year old made these for a bake sale and everyone loved them."
"I make this for all my church functions and I use it when I have dinner parties. Never have any left overs. Merrybears"