Iced Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons milk or half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add syrup. Gradually add flour and mix well. Fold in the nuts. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, for icing, combine the sugar, butter and milk in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and chocolate chips until chips are melted. (Mixture will be thin.) Immediately pour over brownies. Cool completely before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Iced Brownies
Sort By :
"Made these for our Super Bowl party. The brownies turned out great but I had trouble with the icing. Mine turned out very thick and grainy like the sugar didn't dissolve properly. We still ate them & I may try the recipe again as I think they have potential. Not sure what happened."
"My 9 and 7 year old made these for a bake sale and everyone loved them."
"I make this for all my church functions and I use it when I have dinner parties. Never have any left overs. Merrybears"