Iced Apple Snack Cake Recipe
A quick-bread mix is the secret behind this speedy and versatile spice cake from Marilyn Terman in Columbus, Ohio. Moist and flecked with bits of apple, it’s fabulous for dessert and great with a cup of coffee or as a breakfast coffee cake, Marilyn notes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (15.4 ounces) nut quick bread mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add quick bread mix and cinnamon and mix well. Fold in apples and raisins.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 265 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC