Our neighbors of 36 years have annual potluck dinners and, believe me, it's hard to come up with a new dish to pass! When I served this salad, my neighbors savored every bite.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) tiny peas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all vegetables in a large glass bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cool slightly and pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Icebox Vegetable Salad in Reminisce January/February 1993, p51
Reviews for Icebox Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review