Icebox Sugar Cookies
Louise Worsham of Kalamazoo, Michigan has been making light, buttery and easily portable Icebox Sugar Cookies since she was a girl.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine
- flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. On a
- lightly floured surface, shape dough into three 10-in. long rolls.
- Tightly wrap each roll in waxed paper. Chill for 1 hour or until
- Cut into 3/8-in. slices; place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle
- with sugar. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 102 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.