Icebox Spice Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cloves and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into three 6-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 each: 76 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Icebox Spice Cookies
"A quick spice cookie to use your refrigerator to establish a firm dough. You can slice 72 cookies when the dough is firm."