- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cloves and allspice; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into three 6-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Icebox Spice Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p134
Reviews for Icebox Spice Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2012
A quick spice cookie to use your refrigerator to establish a firm dough. You can slice 72 cookies when the dough is firm.