My mother liked making these cool creamy treats when I was growing up in the States because they're so quick to fix. Now my three kids enjoy them.
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, halved
- Mix pudding and milk according to package directions and refrigerate until set. Fold in whipped topping, chocolate chips and vanilla. Place 21 graham cracker halves on a baking sheet; top each with about 3 tablespoons filling. Place another graham cracker half on top. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Wrap individually in plastic wrap; freeze. Serve sandwiches frozen. Yield: 21 sandwiches.
Originally published as Icebox Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p26
Reviews for Icebox Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review