Icebox Rolls Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7-1/2 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- Dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water (110°-115°). In a large bowl, combine 1 cup boiling water and shortening. Add remaining water, eggs, salt, sugar and yeast mixture. Stir in 1 cup of flour at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add enough flour to form a soft dough that can be kneaded. Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, form dough into cloverleaf rolls and place in greased muffin tins. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Yield: 36 rolls.
Reviews for Icebox Rolls(2)
Sort By :
i made these for thanksgiving and everyone loved it..My 4 year old asked me to make more and i am doing so right now :)
I admit that I'm not the best bread baker, but this recipe has worked for me every time. My husband gets excited when he walks through the front door and smells these rolls baking. He would be happy if I made them every other day!