Icebox Honey Cookies
"Grandma Wruble always had a batch of these cookies in the cookie jar and another roll in the refrigerator ready to slice and bake," recalls Kristi Gleason of Flower Mound, Texas. "Their honey and lemon flavor is delicious."
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and
- fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in honey and extract. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate
- for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until golden
- brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 147 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium,