- 1-1/2 cups shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in honey and extract. Combine remaining ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 12-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Reviews for Icebox Honey Cookies
Sort By :
"Yum! These cookies are so soft and taste so good! I love the little hint of cinnamon both in the baking process and in taste. I added about 2 tsp. of lemon zest and 3 tblsp. Of fresh lemon juice as well as the tsp. of lemon extract only because I really love all things lemon! The dough was light & fluffy. I suppose if you wanted a more dense cookie you could add a bit more flour but I don't think they need it. This recipe is going into my best loved lemon recipe. Thank you for these great icebox cookies!"
"We added chopped toasted pecans and everyone loved them! (Even the ones who don't like nuts.)"
"very honey like. its a nice cookie to make if your in the mood for a different type of cookie. I will make it again."
"I was automatically intrigued when I saw that both lemon and honey flavors were in these cookies. I made them once......and now, just like the intro says, I always have a batch freshly made and another log in the freezer! These cookies are superb.....whenever anyone.....family or friends.....try these cookies, they nearly always eat at least two more! The dough is a little too soft for the cookies to slice as perfectly as the photo shows, but the taste of these cookies is well, well worth the trouble!!"
"I was looking for a recipe with ingredients which I had on hand. I wasn't too sure about the lemon extract and cinnamon together, but I decided to give them a try. These are soooo good! I like the lemon flavor and the cinnamon gives them just a hint of spice. My whole family loved them. I will definitely make these again."