Icebox Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
Cookie lovers will come back for "seconds" when you serve this tempting treat.
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 pounds (54 each) Oreo cookies, divided
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- 1. Combine crumbs and butter; press into bottom of a 9-in. or 10-in. springform pan. Freeze. Whip 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; blend thoroughly. Break 38 of the cookies each into three pieces; fold into filling along with chilled whipped cream. spread filling evenly into crust, smoothing top and spreading to edges. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Whisk in vanilla and remaining whipping cream. Loosen cheesecake from pan by running knife around edge; remove from pan.
- 4. Glaze top and sides of cake with chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until glaze hardens, about 20 minutes. To serve, cut into 16 pieces; top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream and stand a whole cookie upright in cream. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 444 calories, 28 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 369 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC