- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 pounds (54 each) Oreo cookies, divided
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream
- Combine crumbs and butter; press into bottom of a 9-in. or 10-in. springform pan. Freeze. Whip 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; blend thoroughly. Break 38 of the cookies each into three pieces; fold into filling along with chilled whipped cream. spread filling evenly into crust, smoothing top and spreading to edges. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Whisk in vanilla and remaining whipping cream. Loosen cheesecake from pan by running knife around edge; remove from pan.
- Glaze top and sides of cake with chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until glaze hardens, about 20 minutes. To serve, cut into 16 pieces; top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream and stand a whole cookie upright in cream. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Icebox Cookie Cheesecake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p31
Reviews for Icebox Cookie Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review