- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff. Spread heaping teaspoonfuls on the cookies. Make six stacks of cookies; turn stacks on edge and place on a serving platter, forming a 14-in.-long cake.
- Frost top and sides with remaining whipped cream. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Icebox Cake
"Amazing and cheap! Tou can find the wafers at Walmart. Only problem I had was finding a box with wafers in tact, most were broken."
"I used the Dare Chocolate thins as I could not find the wafers and it turned out great! They are much easier to find!"
"My mom made this cake for years because it was inexpensive, and yet still a luxury back in the 60s and 70s. We didn't make stacks, however. She just had me put whipped cream on each cookie and sandwich them on end until a long cake was formed. Refrigerating it is an important step for the wafers to absorb the moisture. I have found the wafers in my small town on the top shelf of the cookie aisle. Best cake ever, especially if you have a little one involved in making it. They will believe they are the king/queen of cakes. :)"
"This is a great recipe! It's easy to make, has a nice presentation, appeals to a broad range of tastes and will compliment a variety of meals. You just can't go wrong with this one!"
"They are also around the Vanilla Wafers, usually on the top shelf of the market."
"My best friend has made this for years and I could never to this day find those chocalate wafers and still haven't. But thanks to mwaxham I hope I can now. Thank you so much. Now I know where to look for them. I love this dessert......"
"I have had this cake since I was a little girl growing up in New York when my mother would make it. I now make it all the time. It is wonderful and very rich."
"I have been making this for years and make it always around the holidays...everyone loves it....look for the chocolate wafers in the supermarket.."