These beautiful golden rolls just melt in your mouth! People will be impressed when these appear on your table. —Judy Clark, Elkhart, Indiana
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional melted butter
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl,
- combine the milk, butter, sugar, egg, salt, yeast mixture and 3 cups
- flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining
- flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Do not knead. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch down dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each into 12 wedges. Roll
- up wedges from the wide ends. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets, point side down. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise in a
- warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
- brush with additional melted butter. Remove from pans to wire racks