A wafflewich is a masterpiece of textures with chewy waffles, smooth ice cream, gooey caramel syrup and crunchy pecans. This is cold storage comfort food. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Recommended: Throw a 2016 Emmy Party
- 24 frozen mini waffles, unseparated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup caramel sundae syrup
- 1-1/2 cups dulce de leche or vanilla ice cream
- Toast waffles according to package directions; separate into mini waffles and cool completely.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over low heat; stir in pecans, brown sugar, chili powder and vanilla. Cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until nuts are toasted. Transfer to a shallow bowl; cool completely.
- To assemble, spread 1 teaspoon caramel syrup over a mini waffle; top with 2 tablespoons ice cream. Top with a second waffle, pressing to spread ice cream to edges. Roll sides into spiced pecans; place on a plate. Freeze, covered, until firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Ice Cream Wafflewiches in TasteofHome.com 2017
Reviews for Ice Cream Wafflewiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review