Ice Cream Turtle Recipe
- 3 chocolate-covered coconut candy bars (1-3/4 ounces each)
- 12 vanilla or white chips
- 6 ice cream waffle bowls
- 6 scoops ice cream of your choice
- 24 pecan halves
- 2 chocolate licorice twists, cut into thirds
- 1. Cut a third off each candy piece, reserving large ends for turtle heads (save small ends for another use). Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with frosting. On each turtle head, secure two vanilla chips with frosting to resemble eyes. Pipe a dot in the center of each chip for pupil; pipe frosting over top of chips for eyelids. Pipe a turtle shell pattern onto waffle bowls; set aside.
- 2. Place a scoop of ice cream on each serving plate. Working quickly, position four pecan halves around each scoop for feet; press slightly to secure.
- 3. Press a licorice piece into ice cream for tail. Place waffle bowl over ice cream, making sure feet and tail show. Position head at opposite end of tail. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 desserts.
1 serving (1 each) equals 304 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.