I found this recipe in an old magazine and thought it would be perfect to make for my grandson's birthday. It was so cute and my grandson loved it.—Joanne Wright, Niles, Michigan
- 3 chocolate-covered coconut candy bars (1-3/4 ounces each)
- 12 vanilla or white chips
- 6 ice cream waffle bowls
- 6 scoops ice cream of your choice
- 24 pecan halves
- 2 chocolate licorice twists, cut into thirds
- Cut a third off each candy piece, reserving large ends for turtle heads (save small ends for another use). Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with frosting. On each turtle head, secure two vanilla chips with frosting to resemble eyes. Pipe a dot in the center of each chip for pupil; pipe frosting over top of chips for eyelids. Pipe a turtle shell pattern onto waffle bowls; set aside.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on each serving plate. Working quickly, position four pecan halves around each scoop for feet; press slightly to secure.
- Press a licorice piece into ice cream for tail. Place waffle bowl over ice cream, making sure feet and tail show. Position head at opposite end of tail. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 desserts.
Originally published as Ice Cream Turtle in Country Woman May/June 2005, p24
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ice Cream Turtle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review