- 3 chocolate-covered coconut candy bars (1-3/4 ounces each)
- 12 vanilla or white chips
- 6 ice cream waffle bowls
- 6 scoops ice cream of your choice
- 24 pecan halves
- 2 chocolate licorice twists, cut into thirds
- Cut a third off each candy piece, reserving large ends for turtle heads (save small ends for another use). Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with frosting. On each turtle head, secure two vanilla chips with frosting to resemble eyes. Pipe a dot in the center of each chip for pupil; pipe frosting over top of chips for eyelids. Pipe a turtle shell pattern onto waffle bowls; set aside.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on each serving plate. Working quickly, position four pecan halves around each scoop for feet; press slightly to secure.
- Press a licorice piece into ice cream for tail. Place waffle bowl over ice cream, making sure feet and tail show. Position head at opposite end of tail. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 desserts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ice Cream Turtle
Sort By :
"Love this! Turned out so cute, added my own touches and loved every little bit."
"This is so cute! To Ethel24 and Bapomalley11, use your imagination just a bit if you need to and a cup of frosting is more than enough to pipe the design onto the "turtle shell" and eyelids on the eyes. You could pipe the frosting on the waffle bowls first and then place them over the ice cream so that you don't have a puddle of ice cream on your plate."
"This sounds great but the complete list of ingredients are not included."
"this is adorable and I am anxious to try but there is no mention of how much chocolate frosting is needed"