Ice Cream Tacos Recipe
Talk about a fun presentation! Karen Oney’s cute dessert looks just like a taco—but it’s stuffed with chocolate ice cream and topped with cherries and coconut instead of tomatoes and lettuce. “These are as much fun to make as to eat,“ promises the creative Fort Worth, Texas cook.
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 6 maraschino cherries, halved
- 1. Sprinkle one side of each tortilla with cinnamon. In a large skillet, heat tortillas, one at a time with cinnamon side up, in oil over medium heat. When tortilla starts to brown, fold into a taco shape; drain on paper towels.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook and stir the pecans for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Tint coconut with food coloring. Place two small scoops of ice cream in each tortilla shell; top with whipped topping, cherries, pecans and tinted coconut. Yield: 2 servings.
1 taco equals 492 calories, 33 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Ice Cream Tacos
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC