Ice Cream Sundae Dessert
In the mood for a cool creamy dessert after a steady stream of heavy holiday sweets? Try this recipe from Kimberly McKeever, Shoreview, Minnesota
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 gallon vanilla or peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a
- 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Carefully spread ice cream over crust. Spread
- whipped topping over ice cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top;
- sprinkle with nuts.
- Freeze until firm, about 2-4 hours. Remove from the freezer 15
- minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 283 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.