In the mood for a cool creamy dessert after a steady stream of heavy holiday sweets? Try this recipe from Kimberly McKeever, Shoreview, Minnesota
- 20 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 gallon vanilla or peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Carefully spread ice cream over crust. Spread whipped topping over ice cream. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top; sprinkle with nuts.
- Freeze until firm, about 2-4 hours. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Sundae Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p64
Reviews for Ice Cream Sundae Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review