Ice Cream Sundae Caramels Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) dark corn syrup
- 2 cups (1 pint) vanilla ice cream, melted, divided
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 8 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- 1. In a heavy 4-qt. saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, 1 cup ice cream and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture begins to boil. Increase heat to medium; cook and stir until candy thermometer reads 242° (nearly firm-ball stage).
- 2. Remove from the heat; gradually stir in remaining ice cream. Return to the heat; cook without stirring to 244° (firm-ball stage). Immediately pour, without stirring, into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Let cool until firm. Invert candy onto a baking sheet.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Spread over candy; sprinkle with nuts. Score top into 1-in. squares. Let stand until set. Cut into 1-in squares, follow score marks. Wrap individually in waxed paper or plastic wrap. Yield: about 3-1/2 pounds.
1 each: 74 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Ice Cream Sundae Caramels
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.