Ice Cream Sticky Buns
A gooey caramel sauce made with ice cream coats the tender rolls in the breakfast treat from Sharon Donat of Kalispell, Montana. Instead of using a loaf of bread dough, thaw frozen dinner rolls and divide in thirds for faster assembly. For a little crunch, top with chopped pecans before serving.
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, melted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, butter and sugars. Pour into
- a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cut dough into 36 pieces;
- arrange in dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2
- minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 87 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.