Ice Cream Sandwich Desserts
No one will believe this awesome dessert is just dressed-up ice cream sandwiches. "For my son's birthday party, I decorated it with race cars and checkered flags because he's a big racing fan," recalls Jody Koerber of Caledonia, Wisconsin. "It was a huge success!"
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half
- sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. pan.
- Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the pan. Spread
- with half of the whipped topping. Spoon fudge topping by
- teaspoonfuls onto whipped topping. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts.
- Repeat layers with remaining ice cream sandwiches, whipped topping
- and peanuts (pan will be full).
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20
- minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 375 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.