Impress guests with this gooey, chocolaty can't-resist dessert. They'll never guess it's store-bought ice cream sandwiches dressed up! —Taste of Home Cooking School
- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the dish. Remove lid from fudge topping. Microwave 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread one-half of fudge topping over ice cream sandwiches.
- In a food processor, combine peanuts and candy bars. Cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle one-half of mixture over fudge layer. Repeat layers of ice cream sandwiches and fudge topping. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture.
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Sandwich Cake in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2007, p75
Reviews for Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review