- 19 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole and one half sandwich along a short side of an ungreased 13x9-in. dish. Arrange eight sandwiches in opposite direction in the dish. Remove lid from fudge topping. Microwave 15-30 seconds to warm; stir. Spread one-half of fudge topping over ice cream sandwiches.
- In a food processor, combine peanuts and candy bars. Cover and pulse until chopped. Sprinkle one-half of mixture over fudge layer. Repeat layers of ice cream sandwiches and fudge topping. Spread whipped topping over top of cake. Sprinkle with remaining peanut mixture.
- Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Sort By :
"Unbelievably good! Made this for my nephews 10th birthday today, and it was a hit, seconds for everyone! As most of the kids are missing one or more teeth, I used crushed Oreo's and Chips Ahoy (choc. chip cookies) in place of the nuts and toffee. Very good, 3 years old to Grandma all approved!"
"Awesome recipe! Took it to a Super Bowl party and the hostess asked to keep what was left! Made a second one for at home as it was nice to keep in the freezer for a quick dessert or snack! It looks like it was very time consuming and only took about 10 min. to make! Thank you for sharing."
"So good and so easy! I gave this recipe to my sister when her daughter asked for an ice cream cake at the last minute for her party, and it was a big hit!! (and a lot cheaper!)"
"I brought this to a Labor Day party and everyone loved it. I gave the recipe away and my husband wants it gain next weekend! :)"
"I have made a similar version of this recipe and taken to church several times and they love it. So easy!!"