Ice Cream Pretzel Cake Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups crushed pretzels
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 packages (7-1/2 ounces each) chocolate-covered miniature pretzels
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Place crushed pretzels in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Spread fudge topping over crust; cover and freeze.
- Set aside 16 chocolate-covered pretzels for garnish. Place remaining pretzels in a food processor; cover and process until crumbly. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in ice cream. Spread over fudge topping. Drizzle with caramel topping. Garnish with reserved pretzels. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ice Cream Pretzel Cake(4)
Sort By :
This was really good, but I recommend freezing for at least 24 hours as mine was still soft.
My husband loves ice cream cakes and I was getting tired of buying them from the store, so I tried this for his birthday this year. It was so delicious! And easy, too! My recommendation would be to get the caramel in a squeeze bottle to make the decoration on top pretty like the picture.
Mine turned out just like the picture shown! It looks like a store-bought, fancy dessert, but it is really quite easy to make. My dinner guests were impressed .
I have not tried this recipe yet, but it looks absolutely amazing! I love chocolate covered pretzels, so I'm anxious to try it. I'm sure that it will be a big hit with my family!