Ice Cream Peaches Recipe
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- Whole cloves and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, mash peaches until smooth. Stir in the next six ingredients until sugar is dissolved. For best results, chill for at least 3 hours.
- 2. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Shape by 2/3 cupfuls into balls, forming a crease down one side to resemble a peach if desired. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- 3. Place gelatin in a large resealable plastic bag; add ice cream balls, one at a time; toss until coated. Place in serving dishes. Insert cloves to resemble peach stems and mint for leaves if desired. Freeze or serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Ice Cream Peaches
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.