Ice Cream Peaches Recipe
When our kitchen crafters dished up Helen Banycky's ice cream, they were struck by its refreshingly real flavorand by how the shape of the scoops suggested actual peaches. To expand that look, they rolled the scoops in gelatin for a fuzzy appearance. "They do resemble peaches," Helen, who's from Carterville, Illinois, told us after we shared what our cooks had one. "I'll have to try that trick, too!"Helen Banycky, Carterville, Illinois
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach or orange gelatin
- Whole cloves and fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, mash peaches until smooth. Stir in the next six ingredients until sugar is dissolved. For best results, chill for at least 3 hours.
- Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions. Shape by 2/3 cupfuls into balls, forming a crease down one side to resemble a peach if desired. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Place gelatin in a large resealable plastic bag; add ice cream balls, one at a time; toss until coated. Place in serving dishes. Insert cloves to resemble peach stems and mint for leaves if desired. Freeze or serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Peaches in Country Woman July/August 1996, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ice Cream Peaches(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review