Ice Cream Party Roll Recipe
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry or raspberry jam
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Confectioners' sugar
- Hot fudge topping and whipped topping
- Place egg whites in large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together twice; gradually add to yolk mixture and mix well (batter will be very thick).
- In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes. Invert cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off paper. Roll up cake in towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread jam to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with ice cream. Roll up without towel. Place seam side down on a platter. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours before slicing. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; serve with hot fudge topping and whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ice Cream Party Roll(3)
Sort By :
I haven't made this yet, but have a suggestion for making egg whites easier to fold into batter. Take a small amount of the beaten egg whites and STIR into batter to loosen it up so you can fold the rest in.
The same thing happened to me too. Pretty hard to fold egg whites into a tough dough.
I tried making this cake, when I added the flour mixture to the eggs it was very tough and when I foled the egg whites it was lumpy, not impressed
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Cake Recipes >