Ice Cream Loaf Recipe
- 1/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (about 5 wafers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Cut a piece of foil into 12-in. x 3-in. rectangle. Line the bottom of a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan with foil, so that the foil comes up over the ends of the pan. Combine wafer crumbs and melted butter; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Spoon ice cream over crumbs; smooth with a spatula. Sprinkle with nuts. Freeze until firm.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook and stir for 4 minutes or until thickened. Refrigerate mixture until completely cool, stirring occasionally. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from refrigerator 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 366 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Ice Cream Loaf
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.