Ice Cream Kolachkes Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) apricot and/or raspberry cake and pastry filling
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In the bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer, beat butter and ice cream until blended (mixture will appear curdled). Add flour and sugar; mix well. Divide dough into four portions; cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough into a 12x10–in. rectangle; cut into 2-in. squares. Place a teaspoonful of filling in the center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of dough over filling; pinch tightly to seal. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 3. Bake 11-14 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 10 dozen.
1 cookie equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Ice Cream Kolachkes
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.