Ice Cream Film Reels Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 7-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 15 pieces (about 18 inches each) Fruit by the Foot fruit roll
- 1. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and sugar; fold in egg whites. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten into 3-in. circles with a fork dipped in sugar.
- 2. Arrange M&M's around the top edges of half of the cookies. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. To assemble reels, place 1/2 cup ice cream on the bottom of each plain cookie; top with M&M's-topped cookies. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place on a baking sheet; freeze. Just before serving, wrap a piece of fruit roll around each reel. Yield: 15 servings.
1 each: 571 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Ice Cream Film Reels
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.