Ice Cream Film Reels Recipe
Roll 'em out, and these culinary conclusions may just steal the show! Simple homemade peanut butter cookies sandwich vanilla ice cream for a fun and frosty finale. A piece of fruit roll is wrapped around each sandwich for the "film". The handheld treats are great for kids to help assemble.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 7-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 15 pieces (about 18 inches each) Fruit by the Foot fruit roll
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and sugar; fold in egg whites. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Flatten into 3-in. circles with a fork dipped in sugar.
- Arrange M&M's around the top edges of half of the cookies. Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- To assemble reels, place 1/2 cup ice cream on the bottom of each plain cookie; top with M&M's-topped cookies. Wrap in plastic wrap. Place on a baking sheet; freeze. Just before serving, wrap a piece of fruit roll around each reel. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Film Reels in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ice Cream Film Reels
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review