Ice Cream Crunch
Settle in with a slice of this easy dessert, a summertime favorite at the willmar Minnesota home of Carol Seybert.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook butter and brown sugar
- until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, coconut and nuts; add sugar mixture
- and stir until coated. Press half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- dish. Spread ice cream over crust. Top with remaining cereal
- mixture. Freeze until firm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 337 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.