- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine 3-3/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-in. dish. Spread with ice cream; cover and freeze until set.
- Drizzle fudge topping over ice cream; cover and freeze until set. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forIce Cream Cookie Dessert
"My Grandma would make this all of the time when she was alive - our family LOVES it!!"
"I have been looking for this recipe for a long time now, I am so glad to have found this. This is a recipe I will use for my hubby's birthday. thank you for posting this recipe.It's a good one. I would add bananas and melted chocolate to this recipe."
"Made this for an office birthday treat. Was so easy and delicious. Next time I might try it with fresh made whipped cream."
"This is SO good, but I don't put any Cool Whip (or whipped cream) on the top. Justsprinkle the cookie crumbs over the ice cream!"
"I have made this recipe for close to 40 years. It ia amazing. It was my children choice of biththday cake as they grew up. I have made one pan with two different flavors. -also you can put the appropriate candies for the flavor you choose to the top. And yes it has lots of calories. It is ice cream and hot fudge sauce."
"How is a 9x13" pan cut into 12 servings? That size pan is usually 24 servings-so does that mean the calories and all the nutrient levels would be half? I don't usually make recipes that omit the nutrition labeling but this recipe is very confusing"
"These desserts are soooo much better than anything you could buy in a store and so easy to make and change to suit anyone's tastes. What's not to love???"
"I have made this for 40 years. So great!"
"Made it for Father's Day and family loved it! You can't miss with this recipe. It's an easy recipe you can make ahead of time. You could easily change the ingredients to anything you like. It's really an ice cream sundae in a pan."
"Wonderful! easy! My recipe calls for red skin peanuts. It gives it a salty taste."