- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine 3-3/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-in. dish. Spread with ice cream; cover and freeze until set.
- Drizzle fudge topping over ice cream; cover and freeze until set. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
Sort By :
"wow! made this recipe today!! family loved it! Can't go wrong with oreo's and icecream:) debpenns"
"My sister gave me this recipe years ago and it's been a favorite ever since! You can't go wrong with this dessert! I like to add double hot fudge!"
"This looks so good, but I'm going to make it with chocolate chip cookies.....my families favorite! It looks easy and sooo tasty."
"Excellent summer dessert after a barbeque. I also add caramel topping in addition to the fudge topping. Instead of coolwhip I use real whipped cream. In addition to the extra cookie crumbs, I also sprinkle about a 1/3 cup crushed salted peanuts on top. I've been making this dessert for over 40yrs, first for my children, now my grandchildren."
"Delicious when made with mint chocolate chip or peppermint ice cream for the Christmas holiday!!"