- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine 3-3/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-in. dish. Spread with ice cream; cover and freeze until set.
- Drizzle fudge topping over ice cream; cover and freeze until set. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
Sort By :
"Yummy! Perfect for a hot summer dessert!"
"This is both my son's favorite cake. It is requested every year for birthdays. The only thing I do differently is, 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, not 1/4, mixing all cookie crumbs together with butter, saving 1/2-2/3 cup for topping. Plus, I don't bother freezing in steps. I have everything ready and just layer it then cover and freeze. It is MUCH better than store bought ice cream cakes."
"Excellent.. will definitely make again!"
"Wonderful dessert! Easy to make ands great summer dessert."
"My whole family loved this. I think that next time I will try peanut butter cream filled cookies and butterscotch topping."