- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine 3-3/4 cups cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13x9-in. dish. Spread with ice cream; cover and freeze until set.
- Drizzle fudge topping over ice cream; cover and freeze until set. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Cover and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Ice Cream Cookie Dessert
"This recipe was a huge hit! I made it for a work potluck and everyone loved it. My daughter also requested it as her birthday dessert. I used one package of double stuffed oreos. Ended up using about 3 cups for the crust and saved the rest for the topping. I also needed extra fudge to get it properly covered. Awesome recipe!"
"This was delicious and the fact that you can change the ice cream flavor to suit gives a lot of options. I made my own fudge sauce and topped with real whipped cream. Even with letting the dessert set out for 10 minutes, it was hard to cut. Next time, I will try pre-cutting the servings before freezing."
"Move over Carvel !! No need to buy an ice cream cake now. You can change up the flavors to suit everyone's taste. Yummy!!"
"Love this dessert as do my 3 sons! I use coffee ice cream. I will use another reviewer's suggestion and try it with real whip cream next time. I think that would improve it even more!"
"Try with orange ice cream! :) Mmm!"
"wow! made this recipe today!! family loved it! Can't go wrong with oreo's and icecream:) debpenns"
"My sister gave me this recipe years ago and it's been a favorite ever since! You can't go wrong with this dessert! I like to add double hot fudge!"
"This looks so good, but I'm going to make it with chocolate chip cookies.....my families favorite! It looks easy and sooo tasty."
"Excellent summer dessert after a barbeque. I also add caramel topping in addition to the fudge topping. Instead of coolwhip I use real whipped cream. In addition to the extra cookie crumbs, I also sprinkle about a 1/3 cup crushed salted peanuts on top. I've been making this dessert for over 40yrs, first for my children, now my grandchildren."
"Delicious when made with mint chocolate chip or peppermint ice cream for the Christmas holiday!!"