Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add 1/4 cup milk and shortening; beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add egg white, vanilla and remaining milk; beat 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Pour into a 6-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the ice cream, cherries and walnuts. Press into a foil-lined 6-in. round baking pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Place cake on a serving plate; invert ice cream layer onto cake. Discard foil. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 383 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Ice Cream Cake
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.