- salt on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold a fourth of egg
- whites into the batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes
- or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Turn cake onto a
- kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off
- waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting
- with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread with ice cream to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up
- again. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until serving.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat,
- stirring until smooth. Gradually add warm milk and sugar; stir
- constantly for 5 minutes or until completely dissolved. Serve with
- cake. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 380 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.