Ice Cream Cake Dessert Recipe
This dessert was also a sweet success. It's a recipe you can have fun with by changing cake and ice cream flavors and using various sauces to suit your family's taste buds.—Karen Darrell, Bethalto, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + freezing Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:9 servings
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into prepared pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. Invert cake and gently peel off waxed paper. Cut cake in half widthwise. Place one half on a serving platter. Spread with ice cream; top with remaining cake. Cover and freeze.
- 4. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 9 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC