This dessert was also a sweet success. It's a recipe you can have fun with by changing cake and ice cream flavors and using various sauces to suit your family's taste buds.—Karen Darrell, Bethalto, Illinois
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Invert cake and gently peel off waxed paper. Cut cake in half widthwise. Place one half on a serving platter. Spread with ice cream; top with remaining cake. Cover and freeze.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 9 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Ice Cream Cake Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ice Cream Cake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review