- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Grease the paper; set aside. Prepare cake batter according to package directions; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Invert cake and gently peel off waxed paper. Cut cake in half widthwise. Place one half on a serving platter. Spread with ice cream; top with remaining cake. Cover and freeze.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm with cake. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 9 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Ice Cream Cake Dessert in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ice Cream Cake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 13, 2014
"I love this ice cream cake recipe because it has chocolate cake mix, vanilla ice cream and unsweetened chopped chocolate."