- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add 1/4 cup milk and shortening; beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Add egg white, vanilla and remaining milk; beat 2 minutes longer.
- Pour into a 6-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the ice cream, cherries and walnuts. Press into a foil-lined 6-in. round baking pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Place cake on a serving plate; invert ice cream layer onto cake. Discard foil. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Cake in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p24
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ice Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 5, 2011