Ice Cream Bread
Ice cream gets a whole new use in this tender bread recipe from Katherine Kuehlman of Greenville, South Carolina. “I found this recipe and pared it down for two,” she writes. Be sure to use full-fat ice cream for best results.
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the ice cream, flour and sugar. Transfer to
- a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake
- at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf (6 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 115 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.