Ice Cream Bowls Recipe
Once you sample these homemade waffle ice cream bowls from out Test Kitchen, you'll want to serve them time and again! You can either prepare them with pretty designs in a special pizzelle cookie maker or without designs in the oven.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1. In a small bowl, beat eggs on medium speed until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Add butter and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture. Invert two 6-oz. custard cups on paper towels; coat with cooking spray.
- 2. Prepare cookies in a preheated pizzelle maker according to manufacturer's directions, using 2 tablespoons batter for each cookie. Immediately remove pizzelles and drape over inverted custard cups. To shape into bowls, place another custard cup coated with cooking spray over each pizzelle. Let stand until set. Remove from custard cups and set aside.
- 3. To make ice cream bowls in the oven, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Draw two 7-in. circles on paper. Spread 2 tablespoons batter over each circle. Bake at 400° for 4-5 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Immediately remove cookies and drape over inverted custard cups. Shape into bowls as directed above. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 16 servings.
1 bowl equals 144 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Ice Cream Bowls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC