When we were young, Mom made birthday cakes with a small toy on top, chosen just for us. Now that I'm a parent, I go with jimmies. —Becky Herges, Fargo, North Dakota
Featured In: 13 Crazy Fun Confetti Treats
- 4 cups birthday cake-flavored ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened if necessary
- 1 funfetti cake mix (regular size)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Line a 9-in. round pan with plastic wrap. Spread ice cream into pan. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using two 9-in. round baking pans. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, trim tops of cakes if domed. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Invert ice cream onto cake layer; remove plastic wrap. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Decorate with sprinkles as desired. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Birthday Cake in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Ice Cream Birthday Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2015
"Really easy to make :)"