Ice Cream Banana Dessert
Carol Schlagenhauser shares a delightful dessert that couldn’t be easier. “I’ve been making this simple treat since I was a young girl,” she writes from Butler, Ohio. “It resembles a banana split but without the mess and expense.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Slice banana in half lengthwise; cut each in half widthwise. Divide
- banana slices between two microwave-safe dessert dishes. Dot with
- butter; sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 25-30 seconds or until butter and
- brown sugar are melted. Top with ice cream.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 289 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.