Ice Cream Balls Recipe
This is a fun and easy dessert to fix for Christmas gatherings—even the kids can help. The cereal adds a crunchy texture to the ice cream and makes an everyday treat something special.
- 1-1/2 cups Corn Chex, crushed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- Hot fudge or caramel ice cream topping, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine cereal, sugar and butter. Add nuts. Shape ice cream into 1-in. balls; roll in cereal mixture until well coated.
- 2. Freeze for at least 1 hour. Serve with fudge or caramel ice cream topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 balls.
1 serving (3 each) equals 324 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Ice Cream Balls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC