This is a fun and easy dessert to fix for Christmas gatherings—even the kids can help. The cereal adds a crunchy texture to the ice cream and makes an everyday treat something special.
- 1-1/2 cups Corn Chex, crushed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- Hot fudge or caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal, sugar and butter. Add nuts. Shape ice cream into 1-in. balls; roll in cereal mixture until well coated.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour. Serve with fudge or caramel ice cream topping if desired. Yield: 12-16 balls.
Originally published as Ice Cream Balls in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p38
Reviews for Ice Cream Balls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review