Ice Cream and Banana Dessert
I came across this recipe in the paper many years ago, and it's become a favorite in our household. Whenever my family finds out there is Banana Split Dessert in the freezer, it sure doesn't last long.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min.
- 1-2/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 5 medium firm bananas
- 1/2 gallon Neapolitan or vanilla ice cream (block carton)
- Hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a
- wire rack.
- Cut bananas into slices and layer over crust. Cut ice cream widthwise
- into 3/4-in. slices; place over bananas. Spread edges of ice cream
- slices to cover bananas and form a smooth layer. Freeze until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Serve with hot
- fudge topping if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 312 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white