I Spy Salad Recipe
We dug into this salad, named after a memory game we played with the kids. This colorful layered salad is chock-full of flavorful ingredients and garnished with cute hard-cooked egg-and-olive eyes on the top. Perky eyebrows are made with the sliced white portion of the eggs.—Leslie Dumm, Clevemand Heights, Ohio
- 2-1/2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-cooked egg, halved and lengthwise
- 1 ripe olives, halved
- Salad dressing of your choice
- 1. In a 2-qt. salad bowl, layer the first nine ingredients in the order given. Arrange tomatoes and cucumber around the edge. Place two egg halves in the middle of salad for eyes; top with olive halves for pupils.
- 2. Remove yolk from the remaining egg halves. For eyelashes, cut six thin slices from egg white; place above eyes (refrigerate leftover egg for another use). Serve the salad with dressing of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 98 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for I Spy Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC